Thought little is known about some of these `smaller' exhibits and facilities, I chose to list them on a separate web page:
BANKERS' WORLD'S FAIR NATIONAL BANK: occupied a building on Plaza of St. Louis, 84 by 54 feet
BARRIOS DIAMOND PALACE: Cost 6,000 dollars to build. No additional information on this building.
BURNS COTTAGE: The building was a reproduction of a Scottish cottage on the Doon, where renown poet Robert Burns, was born in 1759.
CIRCLE SWING:Cost- 7,500 dollars. This popular carnival ride was a steel chained chair ride that swirled around a pole.
DAMASCUS PALACE: This 11,500 dollar building was modeled in part on a historic structure from
Damascus. Intended at a showcase to house the fine antiquities of the Benguist, building was financed by a private mideastern enterprise. The cost of the attraction was 10 cents for adults, while children could enter for a
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST: a small building located near Grant's cabin was used for a double purpose,
as a place of worship and as a headquarters for visiting members of that
denomination. The building was hexagon in shape, and was a reproduction
of the original chapel designed by Alexander Campbell, founder of the
church, and erected near Bethany, West Virginia, in 1840. The structure
EMERGENCY HOSPITAL: on Municipal Street on Model City, was a working model
hospital that was used if Fairgoers or
performers became ill or got hurt and
GOLDEN CHARIOT: The Golden Chariot was an exquisitely carved ornate merry-go-round, that
was comprised of elaborate carriages with an `Ocean Wave,' theme. Parisian artists applied 10,000 dollars of gold leaf, with the total cost of the ride- 55,000 dollars. The admission price was a dime. HELTER SKELTER: Was a slide ride on a long curved ramp. The ride cost 1,000 dollars to build.
HOUSEOF HOO HOO: Was a clubhouse from the Concatenated Order of Lumberjacks. It burned
down in a fire on July, 24, 1904 but was rebuilt in less than 30 days. The
House of Hoo Hoo was made out of separate types of woods and utilized
139 different kinds of veneer. The name- Hoo Hoo originates from the
INTERNATIONAL DOLL EXHIBIT: Cost 2,885
to build. No additional information on this
building. The Doll house resided on the Pike.
OLD VIRGINIA HOMESTEAD: An 1803 one-room log cabin on the Virginian farm of statesman
Patrick Henry. Admission 10 cents. ON THE BOWERY: Cost 3,000 to build. No additional information on this building.
PALACE OF DREAMS: Cost 6,000 to build. No additional information on this building.
PRESS BUILDING: The Press Building was a Press Headquarters for visiting
journalists. It was located near the Palace of Manufactures. The principal apartment on the first floor was finished after the style of a club-room, and here journalists from different parts of the world met and become acquainted. REFRIGERATION PLANT:The refrigeration Plant was located across from the Palace of Agriculture. though it could make 120 tons of ice, it could also hold 60 tons of produce in cold storage. The plant cost 13,184 SPECTATORIUM: Mills Edisonia, had coin machines used to see movies, and buy
commodities such as candy, gum, peanuts, cigars, and stamps.
The building was also used by the Fair's Official Photographer. SUNNYBROOK DISTILLARY: This building was a two-story complex across from the Canada pavilion. The 112 x 60 foot structure was a model of the Sunnybrook Distillery Company, in Louisville, Kentucky. It exhibited the production of alcohol liqueurs (with a permit from the US Government). The Distillery cost 30,000. SWEDENBORG HOUSE:The General Convention of the New Jerusalem of the United States and Canada reproduced the house that Emanuel Swedenborg developed his theology. The structure stood on the slopes of Art Hill. Inside, it included furnishings in the mission style as well as writings of Swedenborg.
TEMPLE OF FRATERNITY: This three-story building was an impressive 225 x 65 foot and
held 40 rooms. The 65,000 dollar building was funded by 3,000,000 members of 50 individual fraternities. The building had a elaborately decorated rotunda, a reception room, a nursery, barbershop, a post office with telegraph, message station and telephone, a hospital ward, smoking and reading rooms, a 900 seat restaurant, and an information bureau. Two assembly halls on its third floor could hold 1,000 people each. TEMPLE OF PALMISTRY:The 7,287 dollar building was managed by McGee Concession Company. It grossed- 19,294.05 dollars.
TRAVELER'S PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION: Was an elaborately designed two-story temple-like
structure. The building contained, smoking &
lounging rooms and a billiard pallor and dining
hall. A ladies pallor and offices comprised the
second floor rooms. The structure cost 12,000
dollars to create.