* The Fair’s ice plant produced 300 tons of ice a day.
* A total of 100 sculptors created more than 1,000 figures for the Fair at a cost of 500,000 dollars.
* The first successful trial run of a dirigible airship was at the Fair.
* Some 20 million plants were used to landscape the Fairgrounds.
* It took 12,000 railroad cars to deliver the Fair’s exhibits.
*Two masked bandits held up the World's Fair miniature train just outside the entrance to the Boer
War at 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 12, 1904
* The average attendance at the Fair was 85,197.
Smoking was permitted anywhere on the grounds, but not in the exhibit palaces.
* During the Fair, it was the first time that fairgoers ate hot dogs and ice cream as they walked along the midway, thus coining these two foods as the world’s first “fast foods”.
* The sewer system and some of the roads installed on the fairgrounds are still used today.
* 90,000,000 feet of pine was used in constructing the framework for buildings.
* The Liberty Bell was displayed in the Pennsylvania Building. It was the only time the Liberty Bell was ever loaned out.
* 36,000 people could be seated and dine at once at the Fair.
* 40 percent of fair-goers were local residents.
* The Fair threatened with arrest anyone who was smoking on October 7- Anti-cigarette Day,
* The Fair prohibited the use of tripod cameras and any camera larger than 4 by 5 inches.
* The World’s Fair had its own flag. It featured in a blue field with a fleur-de-lis surrounded by stars on the left and broad stripes of red, white and yellow on the right.
* The principle of sending electrical signals along wire was brand new at the Fair, and its discovery
amazed people. Some thought it was witchcraft or black magic
* An 800-year-old tree from North Carolina was displayed.
* The average exhibit palace required 18 rail cars of lumber, 500 rail cars of plaster and sand, 18 rail cars of roofing, four rail cars of nails and 700 men working for seven months.
* “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” proclaimed J.T. Stinson in an address to the 1904 St. Louis Exposition.
* The Fair refused to refer visitors to hotels and private homes that increased their rates during the Fair.
* British troops performed a ceremony called “trooping the colors.” It was the first time British troops drilled on American soil since the Revolutionary War. * The Fair got rid of nuisance sparrows by having Negritos (from the Philippine Exhibit) shoot them with bows and arrows.
* The Exposition was closed on Sundays.
* Exhibits from foreign countries were admitted free of customs duties.
* There were 142 miles of exhibits in the eight main palaces for visitors to explore.
* A statisticum, a device from Sweden which mechanized statistics and was possibly a very early form of a computer.
* The St. Louis World’s Fair was the first world’s fair to have a Lost Children’s Bureau.
* The federal government issued 200,000 gold dollars called “World’s Fair Dollars” during the Fair, and U. S. postage stamps commemorating the Fair were also issued.
* The curious were charged a 25-cent admission fee to watch the demolition of the Fair.
* Joseph Austin Holmes, head of the Department of Mining and Metallurgy at the Fair coined the phrase- "Safety First,"